QuickBooks is a leading accounting application with numerous advanced features and services. It is used by millions of small and medium-sized businesses to manage accounts. Along with the wide range of tools, there are some technical glitches that lead to errors. In this blog, we will discuss about QuickBooks error 1612, which appears when a user tries to update QuickBooks to the latest release. The error pops up on the screen displaying an error message, “Error 1612: The update installer is not accessible.” On the occurrence of this error, the update process stops immediately, bringing the error message on the screen. Although resolving this error is a complicated task, the troubleshooting process discussed below will help you eliminate it.
If you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 1612 on your own, consult the QuickBooks technical support team for help by giving us a call on our QuickBooks 24/7 support number 1.855.738.2784
Reasons behind the appearance of QuickBooks update error 1612
There are various factors responsible for this error in QuickBooks. A few major of them are listed below. Take a glance before heading to the troubleshooting section:
- The QuickBooks update file is damaged or corrupted.
- Viruses or malware have infected the QuickBooks program and some of its crucial files.
- Sudden system shut down during the update resulting in damaged data.
- Some crucial QuickBooks files are damaged or missing from the workstation.
- The program registry keys are damaged and corrupted.
- Corrupt or damaged installation of QuickBooks.
Any of the above causes can lead to error 1612 in QuickBooks. Now, head to the troubleshooting section to fix the error from the root.
You may read also : QuickBooks Company File Not Found
Best Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks POS error 1612
Implement the following troubleshooting solutions one by one to get rid of this error:
Solution 1. Use the System File checker to resolve the issue
- Click the Windows Start menu on your desktop and select the command in the search bar.
- Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Enter key on your keyboard at the same time and wait till the dialog box appears.
- Click the Yes button. When the black screen with a blinking cursor appears, enter sfc/scannow and hit the Enter key.
- The system file checker will scan the file. Once it completes, follow the instructions given on the screen.
Solution 2. Verify and reset the patch
- First of all, reset the patch. If it doesn’t work, visit Intuit’s website and download the patch.
- Move to the Share Download folder and click the OFF button.
- After that, turn it ON again and then click the Save button.
- Finally, reset the patch to resolve the error.
If the error persists after following the above solution, follow the next one.
Solution 3. Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Move to the desktop, click the Start button and select Control Panel.
- Now open the Control Panel and select Programs and Features option.
- Move to the Names column and look for the Windows Installed error
- Select the associated option, click Uninstall and follow the on-screen steps to uninstall the program completely.
Solution 5. Try repairing the QuickBooks application to fix error 1612
- Select the Windows Start menu, open the Control Panel, and head to the Programs and Features section.
- Scroll the list of programs and choose the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Repair button and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Wait till the repair completes and check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 6. Get the latest QuickBooks program update
Updating QuickBooks to the latest version, adds new features and improvements to the program and can help resolve a lot of issues related to the application:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, open the Windows Start menu and locate the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Right-click the icon, choose the Run as administrator option, and head to the No Company Open screen.
- There, click the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop, and then the Options menu.
- Click the Mark All button, then Save and select the Update Now tab.
- Mark the Reset Update checkbox, click Get Updates to start the download, and wait till the update file downloads completely.
Solution 7. Resolve company file error 1612 by running File Doctor from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close the company files open in QuickBooks and then quit the application.
- Download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from Intuit’s official website and save it somewhere you can easily find.
- Open the setup file, follow the instructions given on the screen and mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the tool hub successfully on the computer.
- Once you are done, go to the desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- When the tool hub opens, move to the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Wait till the File Doctor opens and then scroll the drop-down to choose the company file you want to scan.
- If your file is not there, click Browse and search it on your workstation.
- After that, select the Check your file option, click Continue and enter login details.
- Wait until the tool scans the company file, then open QuickBooks and log in to the company file.
Solution 8. From the QB Tool Hub, put Install Diagnostic Tool to use to fix error 1612
- Move to the Installation Issues tab within the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool run to resolve installation issues within the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the Install Diagnostic Tool is finished, reboot your workstation and open QuickBooks.
After following the solutions discussed above, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks error 1612 from the root. If this technical issue reappears even after implementing the troubleshooting steps, dial the QuickBooks tech support phone number 1.855.738.2784 and discuss the problem with certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related Search Terms : QuickBooks 2018 Error 1612, QuickBooks Company File Error 1612, QuickBooks Desktop Error 1612, QuickBooks Installation Error 1612, QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1612, QuickBooks POS Error 1612, QuickBooks Update Error 1612, Unable to Install QuickBooks Error 1612
You may also read this blog : Easiest Methods to Deal With QuickBooks Error Code 6150 1006