Do you want to convert CSV files to vCard? Are you looking for a suitable solution? If yes, then we suggest you go through the article. Here is not just one, but several ways to convert CSV contact files to vCard files. Keep scrolling the page to discover your preferred solution among many.
Table of Contents
- A manual way to convert CSV files to vCard files
- Consideration while using the manual method
- A professional method to convert CSV to VCF files
- Steps to use the professional method
- Why professional method is preferable over manual
- Frequently asked questions
Hi, I’m Adam. I have a lot of CSV files that contain tons of important contacts. Due to some reasons, I need to convert those CSV contacts to vCard files, but I have no idea how. I need a solution that will convert my CSV files to VCF in one go as I am short on time. Please suggest me a great solution. Thank you.
The Best Answer
Basically, there are many solutions to convert CSV files to vCard. However, not all are capable of converting multiple CSV files to vCard at once. There are manual ways which are preferable for you if you want to convert some CSV files to VCF as this approach allows you to convert one file at a time.
On the other hand, if you want to convert multiple CSV files at once to any version of vCard files, the professional CSV to vCard Converter is preferable for you.
We have discussed both manual and professional methods in detail below. We suggest you go through them one by one and decide which one is right for you.
A Manual Method to Convert CSV to vCard Files
The manual method to convert CSV files to vCard consists of two processes:
- Importing Contacts from CSV files
- Convert contacts to vCard files
We’ve detailed both processes in detail below, we’ll go over them
Step 1: Import Contact from CSV Files
- Hit the Windows (Start) button to get started.
- Enter Contacts into the search bar in this window and hit Enter.
- In the Contacts box, click the Import tab.
- Tap the Import icon after choosing the CSV option.
- Next, click Browse to choose the CSV file you want to convert.
- Click the Next button to proceed after that.
- Click Finish to complete the first step.
Step 2: Convert Contacts to vCard Files
- Start the Contacts Window.
- From the menu, choose Export option.
- Select the vCard option, then press Export.
- Select a destination to keep the output files, then click Finish.
So, this is how you can convert CSV to vCard files with the help of manual approaches. However, before going for the manual method, there are some limitations that you need to be aware of.
Disadvantages of Manual Focus
- The manual process to convert CSV files to vCard is time consuming.
- You can only convert one CSV file at a time to the vCard format.
- You need to follow several procedures to convert CSV to vCard files manually
- You will not have any possibility to select the vCard version
So these are some of the limitations of manual focus. Now, if you are in doubt as to whether or not you should go the manual route, we have a different approach for you. You should also review that and then decide which route you should go, manual or professional.
A Professional Way to Convert CSV Files to vCard/VCF
One of the best and most convenient ways to convert CSV files to vCard files is to use CSV to VCF Converter. This app is developed by PCDOTS which is responsible for creating smart products like CSV Merge Tool, CSV Splitter and many more.
This CSV to vCard converter is an all-in-one tool that offers multiple advanced features to its users. With the help of the tool, you can convert CSV files to any version of VCF files. Also, you can view all the records of the CSV files before converting them.
It is a time-saving tool that allows you to convert CSV files to VCF in a few simple steps. We have described all the steps below. Kindly check them
Working Steps of the CSV to vCard Converter Software
- Download, install and launch the software on your compatible Windows device.
- Browse and upload CSV files to the software and preview them.
- Click the Action button and select vCard as the save option from the dropdown menu.
- Select the location for the output files, select the vCard version and click the Save button
So, this is how you can convert CSV to vCard files professionally, which seems to be much easier than the manual approach. If you still haven’t decided which approach is right for you, read on.
We have discussed some of the features of the tool below, we suggest you go through them carefully and decide if it is better for you.
Find Some Features of the Tool to Convert CSV Files to VCF
- Easy to Use: The first thing to know about the software is that it is easy to use. It is designed with the easiest to use graphical interface so that any user will not find any complications in its use.
- Data Selection Modes: The tool gives you two options to select data to convert. You can select “Choose Files” if you want to convert an individual CSV file. Alternatively, you can select the “Choose Folders” option if you want to convert CSV to vCard files in bulk.
- Multiple vCard Version Support: The tool allows you to select the vCard version during the conversion procedure. With the help of the tool, you can convert CSV files to vCard version like 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0.
- Bulk Convert: The tool shows no restrictions when it comes to converting bulk data at a time. Unlike the manual approach that can convert one file at a time, the tool can convert multiple CSV files at the same time without any error.
- Browse Location: You do not need to save your output files to a default location. The CSV to VCF Converter allows you to select the location of your choice to keep the resulting vCard files.
If you have any queries regarding the tool, you can resolve them by referring to the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Why should I use software when I can use manual method?
A: We strongly suggest that you use the manual approach if you have one or only a few files to convert to vCard. Since the manual process can convert one file at a time, it is very time consuming. The software is preferable when you have unlimited files and want to convert them all at once.
Question 2: Can I use the application on Mac devices?
A: The software is not compatible with Mac devices. It is only compatible with Windows devices. However, we are planning to develop a Mac version of the software.
Question 3: Can I manually convert CSV files to vCard version 3.0?
A: While using manual approach, you cannot select preferable version of vCard files.
We have offered you multiple ways to convert CSV to vCard files. Here is a manual method as well as a professional method. We suggest you review both approaches and use the one that offers you the most benefits and saves you the most time.