This technical post is for you if you want to know how to import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016. Microsoft Outlook can only read PST files, so you must convert your EDB files to PST format. Here, we’ll look at some ways to convert EDB to PST so that you can import it to Outlook.
Method 1: Via Exchange Admin Centre:
This way is the cheapest to convert an Outlook EDB file to a PST file. But you can export EDBs from Exchange Server 2013 and later using the Exchange Admin Centre.
Follow the steps below to use this method to import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016:
- Go to the Exchange Admin Centre. After logging in, choose Recipients.
- Click the… button and choose the user you want to export—Tab Export to a PST file.
- You can choose to export either the mailbox or the archive. Click the Next button.
- Once you have put the UNC location where you want to save the exported file, click Next.
- You can type in the user’s email address when the export is done. Click the button.
- In the end, you’ll get a message via email.
Note- The only problem with this method is that you can only export one item at a time. There are no ways to filter, like by date or folder. It is also hard to import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016.
Method 2: Via PowerShell command:
Most of the time, this is how you import an EDB file into Outlook using PowerShell cmdlets. The steps below are only for Exchange Server 2010. You should set up Service Pack 1 on Exchange Server 2010 if you have it. If you do, you must install it as soon as possible. Otherwise, you can’t export it and won’t’ be able to access any new updates. If you’ve been using Exchange Server 2010, you should know that help will stop being given for this version. For your safety and support, you should upgrade to Exchange 2013 or later as soon as you can. After that, you need to have the right permissions to export your data.
You won’t have domain administrator credentials unless you are an exchange administrator. It helps to import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016. Most of the time, it will need a special user to connect to your Exchange Server. In this case, you must give the person who will extract the data the rights they need. To use this, you need to open the Exchange Management Console. Now you can make the role with the PowerShell command.
After making the role, you must add the user who will use it to get the data. Execute the script:
Note-You can change what is used for the scenario “Member import EDB to PST in Outlook 2019.”
Method 3: Via MS Outlook profile:
Using Outlook profiles is the worst choice. You need to be able to access the mailbox account to export. The export could take a long time, depending on how big the mailbox is.
Follow these steps to import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016.
- Start Microsoft Outlook with the profile you want. Go to the “File” menu.
- Click on the “Open & Export” tab. Select the “Import/Export” option.
- Go with the “Export to file” option, then click “Next”.
- You need to choose “Outlook Data File (.pst)” from the list and then click “Next.”
- On the next screen, choose the mailbox’s root folder. You can then choose to get all subfolders inside your chosen folder by checking the Include subfolders box.
- You can open the new screen with a click on the filter option. It will open with several filters as well.
- When you’re done with your chosen option, click the Next button. Go to the next box and choose the file and path where you want your export to end up. You can skip exporting the duplicates. For this, you have to choose to replace duplicates with already available items.
Important! The challenge with the methods above is that exporting data takes more than one step. You’ll need your mailbox’s password, and Outlook won’t work until the process is done. To import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016, you’ll need the password for your mailbox, and Outlook won’t work until the process is done. You will also have to know what to do for the Power Shell method.
To avoid these problems, use the high-tech software we’ll discuss in the next section.
Method 4: Through High-tech software:
Shoviv EDB to PST converter tool is a powerful way to convert EDB to PST. This tool converts EDB files to PST format. It works with source files of any size or number at once. You don’t have to worry about the metadata’s effect or cause a process to fail. It assures a safe and quick conversion. As per the users’ query on how to import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016, one can import EDB files in any version of Outlook.
This tool fixes the errors in EDB files before the conversion to be healthy. You can save EDB items into MSG, EML, HTML, vCard, etc. It also exports EDB directly to Office 365 tenants.
Note: If you want to migrate EDB to Office 365, it requires the use of a specialized approach. Shoviv Software comes with a great solution to make this migration effortless and secure. Shoviv EDB to Office 365 migration tool is very convenient to operate. It does not require any prior experienced users.
Benefits of this software:
- It is a quick and secure migration solution for EDB files.
- Users can preview the added EDB items to ensure their state before the transfer.
- The software has no restriction on the size and number of EDB files.
- Users can also save EDB items in HTML, MSG, EML, Cal, etc.
- There is Zero data impact assurance throughout the procedure to migrate EDB to Office 365.
- It enables users to import their EDB data to the Live Exchange server.
Hopefully, you understand how to better import EDB to Outlook 2019 and 2016. Manual methods are not always the best way to do things. Use the software that was mentioned above. Try out its free trial version to see how it works and decide if you want to buy the full version.