In ancient times, doctors diagnosed the disease by watching the color, smell, and texture of the blood. They used to find blood, bubbles, and other significant indications for the examination process. In the modern world, the world has advanced and has brought up many laboratory tests and procedures for treatment and relief purposes. Urologists are the professional experts who examine the urinary and reproductive tract and treat diseases associated with them, such as prostate gland enlargement. Urologists are the doctors who take care of the urinary disease in both men and women; medications, remedies, exercise, and surgeries are being performed for relief. Urology treatment is a department where medication and surgeries are provided. Urologists are capable of performing surgeries. To find a suitable urologist in Jaipur, you can visit credihealth for cost estimations and appointment purposes.
Benign prostate hyperplasia is commonly known as BPH in the medical language. It is a condition where prostate glands in males become bigger. This disease is affiliated with old age, and it gradually increases with an increase in age. It is a urology disease where the urinary system gets disturbed due to tote enlargement of the prostate. Problems such as a halt in the urinary flow or kidney and urinary tract disorders can be noticed. There are various medicine, surgeries, and other treatments to relieve the prostate gland.
What are the symptoms of prostate gland enlargement?
The symptoms of prostate gland enlargement can vary. The factors are not relevant to the size of the prostate. It is possible to have major and critical symptoms with very minute enlargement, whereas minor symptoms can be noted with enlarged prostate size. Some symptoms disturb the regulation of the urinary system, and variations in urinary flow can be observed. A few symptoms occur if you are suffering from prostate gland enlargement. Most of the system revolves around the urinary tract and urinary system. The symptoms of prostate gland enlargement are listed below.
- The excessive urge to urinate
- Increase in the frequency of urine
- Change in the urine stream (probably weak stream is noticed)
- Unable to empty the bladder
- Dribbling of urine at the end
- Unable to start a urine
Increase urination during the night, which is also called nocturia
There are some other symptoms of prostate gland enlargement which are being observed. But they are not very frequent. But if these symptoms are ignored for a longer period, the intensity of these symptoms can be worsened with time and can cause a severe condition that would be hard to treat by the urologists
- Urinary tract infection
- Bleeding in urine
- Unable to urine
What can be the other possible cause of the urinary symptoms?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition where prostate enlargement occurs. As the name suggests, it is not cancerous, but it hurts the urinary system. The prostate grows twice. During puberty, the prostate grows, and after the age of 25, the prostate grows again. Now, the second time, the prostate is more chances to enlarge. The enlarged prostate presses the urethra causing difficulties and abnormalities in urination.
There are few other symptoms which can be seen other than prostate gland enlargement symptoms. Here is a list of symptoms that can cause prostate gland enlargement or any underlying urinary or kidney diseases. Other possible causes include.
- Cancer of the prostate or bladder
- Narrowing of the urethra
- Bladder/kidney stone
- Inflammation of the prostate
- Urinary tract infection.
What is the method of diagnosis of prostate gland enlargement?
Your primary care doctor or urologist can ask you many questions regarding previous medications and symptoms and family history about urology disease. They can also ask you about a major event that could bring urinary symptoms. The doctor can prescribe you other laboratory tests such as
- Digital rectal exam: This is a physical exam: It is a physical examination that the doctor does to ensure the presence of enlarged prostate. In this test, the doctor inserts the finger into the patient’s rectum and tries to see the presence of the enlarged prostate.
- Urine test: A urine test is done to look after the infections present and evaluate the different components in the urine.
- Prostate-specific antigen test: PSA is a component released by the prostate gland. And if there is an increase in PSA, enlargement of the prostate has taken place, and the treatment process must be started.
- Blood test: It analyses the infection in the urinary tract.
The doctor prescribes some other tests for better understanding and evaluation.
- Urinary flow test
- 24-hour voiding test
- Postvoid residual volume test
If the conditions get worsen, the doctor can provide the following treatment.
- Urodynamic tests are prescribed to detect the pressure and volume of the bladder
- Imaging tests such as MRI and CT are conducted to see the inside part of the urinary tract
- Cystoscopy is a test where a scope is inserted inside a urethra and bladder to see the abnormality in the organ.
- A urine test is conducted to detect the level of protein, urea, and glucose in the urine
- A post void urine test is prescribed. This test is done to ensure the duration of urination escape.
- And there are different types of surgeries that a urologist performs.
- Organ transplant i.,e, kidney transplant ( removal of the damaged kidney with the new one)
- They help in repairing the damage
When to see a doctor?
If you are suffering from a kidney disorder or Enlarged Prostate and you’re not in the urge of surgery, then you would be treated by a nephrologist. Nephrology is a subspeciality which means doctors and professionals in this field are not capable of performing surgery. But they have enormous knowledge in dealing with the disorder that affects the kidney and treating other disorders linked to the kidney. For instance, if the doctors do not control high blood pressure, the patient is referred to nephrology. Therefore, urologists know about performing surgery on the reproductive system and the urinary system. They can treat prostate enlargement issues and other disorders.
Check out with a doctor if you observe these symptoms or find any other abnormality in your urine, whether it’s the color, smell, or any other component. There can be another possibility other than prostate gland enlargement. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a urologist if found any difference in the way of the urination.
Credihealth is a huge platform that is helping to offer health-related services to patients across India. We have a team who works with a vision to provide personal health assistance and is available 24*7 with services and facilities. We help book an appointment and guide you to find suitable hospitals and doctors according to the budget. You can also find reviews, customer ratings, counseling fees, recovery rates, and disease-related questions on hospitals and doctors across the nation. To find the urology treatment and best urologist in Jaipur, you can contact us at email@example.com for more information and queries.