If you’re looking for a relaxing break from the daily grind, Mystic Connecticut may be just what you need. Here, you can enjoy great weather, beautiful scenery, and plenty of activities to keep you occupied. Whether you’re looking for something to do outdoors or inside, these 10 great Things To Do In Mystic ct will have you smiling all summer long. So jump on your bike or take a hike—whatever gets you out there and enjoying the great outdoors. And when it comes to activities in Mystic, keep these ten things in mind: they’ll make your vacation that much better.
Visit Mystic Seaport
If you’re looking for a place to relax, take in the sights and sounds of maritime life, and have some fun, Mystic Seaport is definitely worth a visit. Located just outside of downtown Mystic, this classic New England seaport has been welcoming tourists since 1843. With more than 60 exhibits and attractions, there’s something here for everyone to enjoy. Some of our favorites include the Pequot Museum & Gallery, which features artwork from the Pequot tribe, and The Whaling Museum, which showcases the history of whaling in Connecticut. If you’re looking to get out on the water, Mystic Seaport offers dozens of boats, vessels and charters that can take you on cruises or fishing trips. Finally, if you’re craving some good old-fashioned New England cuisine, head over to one of our many restaurants – like Tommy’s Seafood Restaurant or The Lobster House – and savor some amazing seafood dishes.
Take a scenic drive through the Connecticut countryside
The Connecticut countryside is a beautiful and tranquil place to take a scenic drive. There are many quaint villages, farms, and forests to explore, as well as plenty of scenic overlooks and attractions. Some of the best things to do in Mystic Connecticut include taking a scenic drive through the Housatonic River Valley, visiting Olde Mystic Village, and exploring Woodbury Common.
Learn about Mystic’s history at one of the local museums
If you’re looking for something interesting to do in Mystic, Connecticut, consider checking out the Mystic Museum. The museum is home to a variety of historical artifacts and paintings, and it’s always fun to learn about the local history. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, why not take a walk along the beachfront? You’ll be able to see some beautiful views while you’re out there.
Ride the Mystic River aboard a boat or go boating
Boating on the Mystic River is a great way to enjoy the area’s beautiful scenery and wildlife. There are a number of boat options available, from small water crafts that can take you up and down the river or out onto the Great Salt Lake, to larger vessels that can take you on longer excursions.
If you’re looking for something a little more exciting, consider taking a ride aboard a boat or going boating on the Mystic. You can find both options here in Mystic Connecticut. Boats moored at local marinas offer tours of the riverbanks and wildlife, while those who want to get out on the water can take their pick from several companies that offer cruises and trips up or downriver.
Go skiing or snowboarding in nearby Vermont
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting way to spend your weekend, why not head out to one of the many ski resorts or snowboarding areas in neighboring Vermont? With plenty of options available, there’s sure to be a resort that fits your needs and desires.
Not only will skiing or snowboarding be an enjoyable experience on its own, but you’ll also have the chance to see some of the beautiful countryside that surrounds these areas. If you’re looking for something a little more relaxational, why not take a walk in one of Mystic’s historic districts? There’s certainly something for everyone in this area, so be sure to check it out next time you’re in the area!
Spend an afternoon at one of Mystic’s many parks
If you’re looking for a fun afternoon out, Mystic has plenty of options. From the beach to the forests and lakes, there are plenty of great parks for you to spend an afternoon. Here are four that we particularly recommend:
1. Shoreham Beach Park
2. Roger Williams State Park
3. John Bapst State Park
4. Wyman Place State Park
Shop at one of Mystic’s many boutiques and galleries
1. Shop at one of Mystic’s many boutiques and galleries. Mystic has a wide variety of boutiques and galleries, so you can find the perfect gift for anyone in your life. From clothing to jewelry to home goods, there is something for everyone in Mystic.
2. Visit one of Mystic’s many historic sites. From the mystic moor to the antique district, there are plenty of places to explore in Mystic. Spend some time admiring the architecture or learning about the history of the area from a local guide.
3. Play on one of Mystic’s many beaches. Whether you want to lounge on a beach blanket or go swimming, there is a beach for everyone in Mystic. Be sure to check out all of the activities that are available in each beach area, too!
4. Enjoy a delicious meal at one of Mystic’s restaurants. From casual fare to fine dining, there is something for everyone in Mystic restaurants. Try something new while taking in the beautiful scenery surrounding you!
1. Spend time at Mystic Seaport Museum – This museum is home to an extensive collection of maritime artifacts and exhibits on the history of Mystic, Connecticut.Cosmetic cases, a working lighthouse, and a replica of the Mayflower are just a few of the attractions here.
2. Take a hike in Pequot Forest – This 120-acre forest is home to over 100 species of plants and offers scenic views of the Connecticut River Valley. There are also several trails that lead through the woods, including a 1-mile nature trail for kids.
3. Check out the various galleries in downtown Mystic – The city center contains over 20 art galleries, each with its own unique collection. Among them you’ll find works by renowned artists like Andy Warhol and Jeff Koons.
4. Catch a performance at The Whaling Museum – This museum features exhibits on the history of whaling and the important role this industry played in the economy of New England during the 19th century. You can watch live performances by local bands or take part in workshops led by experts on maritime culture.
Go white-water rafting
If you’re looking for an adrenaline rush, go white-water rafting in Mystic, Connecticut. Here are some of the great and fun things to do in this quaint town:
1) Start your adventure by booking a rafting trip with one of the local companies. You’ll have a blast paddling down the Mystic River through picturesque rapids and waterfalls.
2) If you’d prefer to stay dry, try exploring the town on foot or by bike. There’s plenty to see and do here, including shopping at local boutiques and tasting local cuisine at some of Mystic’s popular restaurants.
3) When you’re ready to cool off, take a swim in one of Mystic’s many swimming holes or relax on one of the town’s beautiful beaches.
Visit a theme park
Theme parks have always been a favorite past-time for many people. There are so many great and fun things to do at theme parks that everyone can enjoy. Here are some of the best places to visit if you’re looking for a great time:
The Mystic Aquarium is home to more than 25,000 animals from around the world. From sharks to stingrays, there’s something for everyone here. The aquarium also has a collection of coral and sea creatures which are fascinating to look at. Admission is free and open to the public from 10am-5pm daily.
If you’re looking for a family-friendly adventure, check out Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. This park has more than 25 rides, including six roller coasters, four water rides and an amusement park with everything from go-karts to arcade games. Admission is $49 per person, which includes unlimited rides and attractions throughout the day. Open daily from 9am-5pm.
If you’re in need of some excitement, Six Flags Over Texas is perfect for you! This theme park features more than 50 rides and attractions, including high-speed roller coasters like X Flight and Batman The Ride . Admission prices vary depending on age but typically range from $39-$69 per person (during peak season). Open Monday through Saturday from 9am-5pm, and Sundays from 11am-5pm.
Go on a hike
If you’re looking for a fun, challenging hike in the Mystic CT area, you’ll love the trails at Whitehall State Park. The park has seven hiking trails that vary in length from 1.5 miles to 6 miles, and most are well-marked. There’s even a paved bike path that leads to the top of Mt. Tom which offers stunning views of the surrounding towns and countryside. If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, you can try one of the park’s more strenuous trails, like the 2-mile “Trail of Tears” or the 5-mile “Woods Trail.” Whitehall State Park is also famous for its birdwatching opportunities, so be sure to bring your binoculars!
Golfing is a great way to get some exercise and have some fun at the same time. There are many golf courses in Mystic Connecticut that offer different types of challenges and amenities for all levels of players. Some popular courses include Brookwood Country Club, Blue Hills Country Club, and The Links at Pines Manor.
If you’re looking for a destination spot to play golf, Mystic has several options. Brunswick Beach Golf Links is located on Oak Point Beach and offers views of Long Island Sound. The course was designed by Arnold Palmer and is known for its challenging greens and fairways. If you’re looking for an unforgettable experience, check out Maidstone GC in West Groton. This championship-level golf course features one of the longest 18 hole courses in Connecticut, as well as dramatic natural settings like trout ponds and rolling hills. No matter what your skill level or game plan, there’s a perfect golf course waiting for you in Mystic CT.
Take a fishing trip
There are many great things to do in Mystic Connecticut, including fishing trips. If you’re game for some catch-and-release fishing, Mystic is the place to go. You’ll find several reputable outfitters that can take you out on a variety of winding rivers and ponds. Plus, the scenery is beautiful – you might even be lucky enough to spot a few wildlife sightings on your trip.
If outdoor adventures aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other fun things to do in Mystic. The restaurants here are top notch, and there’s no shortage of nightlife options. You could enjoy a show at one of the local theaters or check out one of the city’s many art galleries. And if shopping is your cup of tea, be sure to hit up one of Mystic’s many boutiques and stores. There’s something for everyone in this charming town!
Visit a casino
If you’re looking for a fun place to spend your weekend, consider checking out one of Mystic’s many casinos. From the sleek and modern Foxwoods Resort Casino to the more traditional Connecticut State House Hotel & Casino, there’s something for everyone in this gaming town.
Not only will you be able to enjoy some of the best slots and tables in the area, but you’ll also have plenty of chances to win big. If you’re feeling lucky, try your hand at some blackjack or poker – both games are sure to provide a thrilling experience. And if you’re looking for a little entertainment while you play, don’t forget about Mystic’s nightclubs and bars – they’re sure to keep you entertained all night long.
Catch a show at the Mystic Arts Center
Take in a show at the Mystic Arts Center! This historic theater is known for its beautiful architecture and top-notch performances. Whether you’re a fan of classic theater or looking for something new and exciting, the Mystic Arts Center has you covered. The theater frequently presents world-renowned performers, so be sure to check their calendar to see what’s on. Enjoy a drink at one of the on-site restaurants before or after your show, or take a walk around town afterward to soaking up the unique atmosphere.
Shop at local boutiques and farmers markets
There are a lot of great and fun things to do in Mystic Connecticut, if you’re looking for something different to do in the area. First and foremost, if you’re looking for something fun to do with your friends, check out local boutiques and farmers markets. You can find some really unique and interesting items here that you won’t find at larger stores.
Another great way to spend a day is exploring the local beaches. There are a number of great beaches within close proximity to Mystic, so it’s easy to find one that fit your needs. If you’re looking for a bit more excitement, head up north to Wallingford or Danbury and check out some of the bigger attractions there. Whatever you decide to do in Mystic, make sure it’s something you’ll enjoy!
Eat at one of Mystic’s many restaurants
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious way to spend your day in Mystic, consider dining out at one of the many restaurants on offer. From casual diners to top-notch fine dining establishments, there’s something for everyone in this charming town. Here are just a few of Mystic’s best restaurants:
1. The Rusty Anchor: This laid-back diner is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The menu features classics like burgers and fries, but there’s also plenty of options for vegetarians and vegans. In addition to great food, The Rusty Anchor is known for its friendly staff and unique atmosphere.
2. North Star Bistro: North Star Bistro offers a variety of cuisines from around the world, making it a great option if you’re craving something different than what the local restaurants have to offer. From Italian to Japanese, North Star has something for everyone on its menu. Plus, the restaurant is family-friendly, so you can bring the whole clan along for a meal.
3. Blue Moon Cafe: This cozy cafe is perfect if you want some breakfast or lunch while in town. The menu features everything from sandwiches and salads to soups and entrées prepared with organic ingredients whenever possible. Plus, Blue Moon is always bustling with activity – it’s sure to be an enjoyable experience no matter what you choose to eat there!
4. Catch: Catch is known as one of Mystic’s
If you’re looking for some great and fun things to do in Mystic Connecticut, look no further! Our list of 10 activities will have you spending your days laughing and enjoying yourself — without even trying. From swimming at the beaches to hiking in the woods, there’s something on this list for everyone. So why not give one or two of these activities a try today? You won’t regret it!