QuickBooks helps billions of small and medium-sized businesses in managing their accounting activities. It works amazingly despite some errors and technical glitches. Here, in this blog, we are talking about QuickBooks won’t open error that shows up when a user tries to open QuickBooks. There are numerous reasons behind the error, such as clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon multiple times, using an outdated program, and many others. If you are also dealing with QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error, go through the blog to understand what triggers the error and how to fix it.
Do you require more assistance regarding QuickBooks won’t open error? Then call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and communicate with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Causes behind the Occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start error
Here are some major factors due to which the error takes place:
- The name of the QuickBooks company file is too long, according to Intuit’s guidelines.
- Having a damaged or corrupted QBWUSER.ini file.
- The system’s hard drive is corrupted or infected by a virus or malware.
- The QuickBooks installation process is not conducted properly.
- Some essential QuickBooks program files are damaged or missing.
You may also read this :- QuickBooks error support
Methods to Troubleshoot & Fix QuickBooks Desktop won’t open error
Method 1. From the QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub, make use of the Quick Fix my Program
- Make sure you close all open company files before closing the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once done, open your browser and download the setup file of the latest version QuickBooks Tool Hub version. Save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location, like your Windows desktop.
- Go to your desktop, locate and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, then follow the on-screen steps.
- Select the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to finish installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After completing the installation, go to the desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Select the Program Problems tab, click Quick Fix my Program and wait till it repairs the program
- When the tool completes, open QuickBooks and then open your company file.
Method 2. Put the Clean Install Tool to use
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again and select the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and then OK.
- When the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool opens, choose your QuickBooks product and version, then click Continue.
- If the ‘Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ message appears on the screen, click OK.
- When the Clean Install Tool finishes, try to install the QuickBooks Desktop application again.
Method 3. Try repressing the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Press and hold the Ctrl key jointly on your keyboard, then double-click to open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Don’t release the keys until the No Company Open screen appears.
- Next, select your company file and choose Open.
That’s all about QuickBooks won’t open error. We are full of hope that the resolutions discussed above will work for you. If you still face any difficulty, dial our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.