The healthy discharge tends to change color and appear during the menstruation cycle. White discharge before periods is known as leukorrhea, and it is normal to have in the second half of the menstruation cycle. Its appearance of the white discharge before periods with foul smell or change in the color can indicate some infection caused to sexually transmitted diseases. The menstrual cycle is caused by the body’s monthly changes, such as the lining of the uterus thickening up in preparation for egg fertilization, but when the egg does not fertilize, the lining breaks off, and the vagina bleeds. The menstrual cycle starts on the first day of the month and concludes on the first day of the following month. During this time, the hormone levels fluctuate. You can consult a suitable Gynecologist in Delhi via credihealth for any advice and treatment.
What do we experience white discharge during periods?
As the name suggests, white discharge is a form of waste full of dead cells and bacteria which is cleaned away by the body in the form of vaginal discharge. The color of the final discharge changes during the menstruation cycle. The menstruation cycle has several stages which bring different colors to the discharge. The cycle includes internal changes. During 28 days, the uterus develops a lining in the walls for the process of fertilization. Ovaries release an egg and proceed through the cycle of periods due to the breakage of the lining. During this time, the hormone level also fluctuates, resulting in premenstrual symptoms. Such internal changes in the body bring a change in the vaginal discharge.
The different color of discharge indicates different signs.
– White discharge can be visible during the beginning of the menstrual cycle.
Clear and watery
– the discharge appears throughout the cycle, and it is considered normal. The clear and watery discharge is not an indication of any infection.
Clear and stretchy
– Such vaginal discharge is seen when the body is fertile.
This generally occurs to push away the leftover blood with the help of discharge. The colors become brown, and it is a natural cleansing way for the vagina.
Greenish and yellowish
– Such color of discharge is usually accompanied by a foul odor which indicates the infection which can be caused due to STI and activities. You must consult your gynecologist if you encounter such discharge with itching and burning sensation in your vagina.
Reduction in the amount of the estrogen can also be indicated through the change in the color, and other cause includes
- Removal of ovaries
- Excessive exercise
- Radiation therapy
What can be the other causes of white discharge?
White discharge before periods is completely normal, but there can be underlying infection or diseases if it accompanies other symptoms. Let’s discuss those other symptoms.
- Yeast infection
The white discharge with the below-mentioned symptoms is the indication of the yeast infection
- It brings a burning sensation around the vagina
- Pain while urinating
- Pain during sex
- The thick texture of the discharge
- Bacterial vaginosis
It is quite common in women and is commonly known as the BV.
- The extra symptoms include.
- Grayish white discharge
- Fishy and foul odor
- Thin discharge
This is also called Sexually transmitted infection, and the symptoms are
- Pain while urinating
- Foul smell of Itching and burnings nation around the vagina
- Yellowish, green, and frothy discharge
Is white discharge a sign of pregnancy?
It is observed that discharge is often seen during pregnancy, but the coloration of discharge or its frequency cannot judge the pregnancy. Often the rate of discharge can be due to other reasons as well. Therefore, one must not look for variable discharge for pregnancy, but yes, discharge is common during the pregnancy phase.
The following signs often accompany pregnancy
- Missed periods
- Abdominal bloating
- Craving certain food
- Sore breast
- Swollen nipples
- Aversion of certain food
How to prevent vaginal infection?
A vaginal infection can be irritating as the itchiness and redness around the vaginal area can be a form of physical hurt. Vaginal infection is not only caused by STI but due to unhygienic and other factors are responsible.
You can try out the following ways to reduce yeast infection.
- Do not douche or use scented products such as tampons
- Clean your vaginal area after urination
- Do not wear tight underwear
- Use cotton underwears
- Wipe from front and back
- Do not wear tight and wet clothes over your crotch area
- Females who are a patient with diabetes try to maintain sugar levels in your body
- To avoid unnecessary STIs, use sexual protection such as condoms and dental dams to protect yourself from the deadliest diseases like hepatitis and HIV. You can also opt for vaccination against these diseases.
- Do not use harsh soaps on the vagina because it disbalances the Ph level. Apart from this, use only warm water for cleaning purposes. Do not douche as it can increase the risk of bacterial vaginosis.
When to see a doctor?
White discharge before periods is not an issue of concern, but you should consult a gynecologist if you suffer from itching, blood discharge, intense heat in the upper body, vaginal pain, green discharge, or swelling vagina. These are not the usual signs that a body shows. Therefore, one must refer to a gynecologist.
Many women experience wetness and vaginal discharge during the menstruation phase. It is also possible that they collect a teaspoon full of water content. Usually, this content is odorless and doesn’t cause any itchiness. The color can be different due to internal changes in the body. Usually, females do not realize the color of their vaginal discharge that often, but it is observed in the laboratory that a change in the discharge color can indicate a few signs. Therefore, You can consult a suitable Gynecologist in Delhi via Credihealth for any advice and treatment.