Users need to log in to the company file to access financial data. But, sometimes QuickBooks crashes when opening company file and restricts the user from performing further operations. The issue sometimes leads to loss of data. The issue sometimes gives rise to errors like QuickBooks unrecoverable error, QuickBooks has stopped working, and other unexpected errors. Sometimes, the program freezes without giving any error message to the user. Go through the other sections of the blog to know what triggers the QuickBooks Outlook crash error and how to resolve it.
If you require immediate assistance to tackle QuickBooks crashes when opening company file error, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Why QuickBooks crashes everytime it checks for an update?
Following could be several reasons that cause QuickBooks to crash while opening the company file:
- The QBWUSER.INI file responsible for QuickBooks functioning is damaged or corrupted.
- There is some corruption in the hard drive that contains QuickBooks files and folders.
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation is not conducted correctly.
- The Windows operating system on your workstation is damaged.
Head to the troubleshooting section given below and implement the solutions to eliminate the error.
You may read also : QuickBooks Update Error 1625
Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks crashes when attaching file error
Follow the troubleshooting methods given below one by one to get rid of the error from the root:
Method 1. Download and install QB Tool Hub on your computer and put Quick Fix my Program to use
- Close company files open in QuickBooks, then quit the application.
- On your web browser, visit Intuit’s official website and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- From the desktop, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, follow the steps you see on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After installing QuickBooks Tool Hub, open it and click the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program. When the repair completes, start QuickBooks and try opening the company file.
Method 2. Make use of the QB File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- If closed, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again by double-clicking the icon and move to the Company File Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor, wait till the tool opens, and scroll the drop-down to choose your company file. If you can’t see your file there, click Browse and search the same on your computer.
- After selecting the file, mark the Check your file option and click Continue.
- Enter log in details and select Next to start the tool.
- Wait until the File Doctor scans and repairs the company file. Once done, start QuickBooks and open the company file.
Method 3. End the QBCFMonitorService.exe process and prevent it from restarting
- On your keyboard, press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys at the same time to open up the Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab and select the Image Name header to view the processes in alphabetic order.
- Click QBCFMonitorService.exe, then End Processes and select Yes.
- Next, open the Run window by pressing Windows and R keys jointly and enter services.msc in the Run dialog box
- Choose QBCFMonitorService from the list to open Properties and select Disabled as Startup type.
- At the end, click the Apply button.
Method 4. Fix QuickBooks crash issue by running Verify and Rebuild Data Utility Tool
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, go to the File menu, and choose Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data. When the QuickBooks Information window opens up, click OK.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and let the Verify Data Tool run to find issues within the QuickBooks file.
- Once done, select OK and click the File menu.
- Select Utilities, then Verify Data and wait till it checks the file for data issues.
- If it detects any damage, click Rebuild Now. Otherwise, keep using the company file.
Method 5. Keep the QuickBooks application up-to-date with the latest release
- Close QuickBooks data files, quit the application, and click the Windows icon.
- Scroll the list of programs, locate the QuickBooks icon, and right-click it.
- Choose the Run as administrator option. When the No Company Open screen appears, choose the Help menu, and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options menu, click Mark All, and then the Save button.
- Select the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox and click the Get Updates button.
- After downloading the update file, restart QuickBooks and install the update.
- Once the installation is finished, reboot your workstation and then open QuickBooks.
Method 6. Copy the QB company file to a different location
- Move to your Windows desktop, right-click anywhere and then select New, then Folder.
- Name the folder as QBTEST, locate the folder containing the company file and open it.
- From the folder, right-click the company file and choose Copy.
- Open the new folder you created and paste the copied company file there.
- Now, open the company file from the QB Test folder.
Method 7. Create a new user with administrator access to run QuickBooks
- Open the Start menu, select Settings, and then Accounts.
- Select Family & other users, move to the Other Users section and click Add someone else to this PC.
- Click I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, then add a user without a Microsoft account and enter the name of the new account.
- Select Finish, choose the newly created account, and click Administrator as the Account Type.
Other solutions to fix QuickBooks crashing issue:
- Clean Install the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Repair QuickBooks using the Install Diagnostic Tool
This article has covered the most effective ways to overcome QuickBooks crashes when opening company file issue. If you feel stuck while performing the steps, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by giving a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
Related Search Terms : Company file on Quickbooks Pro 2016 keeps crashing, quickbooks app keeps crashing, QuickBooks closes unexpectedly, quickbooks crashes after login, Quickbooks crashes every time I try to send an email, Quickbooks crashes every time it checks for an update, quickbooks crashes when attaching file
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1612