AOL is a pioneer in providing the best email services. One of its features is a two-step AOL verification code that offers robust security to its users. That means when you log in to your account, it’ll ask you to enter a verification code also. This code will be received on the phone number that you have provided when setting up the email account.
Apart from that, you can also reset your aol password using aol verification code only. The process is easy and quick. So if you’re curious to know how? Walk through this guide.
Want to activate aol verification code for your email account? Login to your AOL email account. Now, go to the Account Security page.
How to Activate A Two-Step AOL Verification Code?
To take advantage of AOL security, you need to activate 2 steps verification code. Thus, follow these steps mentioned below to enable the two-step verification code for your AOL email account.
- Login to your AOL email account.
- Now, go to the Account Security page.
- Then, select the “2-step verification” option.
- After that, enable or turn on 2-step verification.
- Tap Get started.
- Now, select the phone number on which you want to receive the verification code.
- Once done, adhere to the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
Reset password securely with AOL verification code
You can also reset your password with the AOL verification code. But, you must register your phone number to apply this method.
- Open your browser to visit the AOL sign-in page.
- Now, enter your AOl username and tap the Next button.
- After that, select the “I forgot my password” option.
- Now, it’ll prompt you to confirm the number.
- If that’s your number, then tap on the “Yes send me code” option.
- Now, you’ll receive a verification code on your registered number. Enter it.
- Finally, create a new password and save it.
- Tap continue to finish the process.
Please don’t make your new password too simple or easy to guess. We recommend that you create a strong and easy-to-remember password. You can also use the suggestions provided here to help you with this.
Try these tips when creating a password:
- Use at least one upper case, lower case, numeric and special character.
- Don’t use your name, date of birth, etc. it’ll be too easy to guess for anyone.
- When you’re prompted to select a security question, choose a question you can remember.
- Always enable two-step verification for double security.
- Change your password periodically.
- While setting up 2SV please use your number so no other person can intrude into your privacy.
Read Also- How To Fix Microsoft Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile
It can be troublesome if you do not maintain your aol email security. That’s why we bring you this fruitful post. With aol verification code, you can easily manage your account security. But, if you get an issue with receiving the verification code, or activating it, don’t worry! We’re here to help you.